Sunday, February 8, 2009

me+sports=injury

Lol. After arriving in St. Andrews, it was the first time that I had played any sports here. Well, all of us signed up for the membership for the sports centre which costs 23pounds. Okay, let me go on with my story...

All 8 of us went to play basketball at the sports centre. I must say that I ain't a sports person. And due to SPM last year, I was deprived of PE classes for a long period. So I thought it was the perfect timing for me to do some sports while I'm here. Lol.

Basketball was kinda fun. But I must say that it was a rough game as girls and boys are playing it together. Gosh, in all of a sudden, I was hit by the ball right in my face. I wasn't dreaming, was I? No, it was kinda painful on my nose. And my glasses was a little dented. I didn't realise that there was a slight cut under my eye and it was bleeding. My friend Joo Enn got hit by the ball twice too. Thank god she didn't get any cuts or stuff like that. Okay, I tried to keep my cool. When I got back to my room, I found out that I didn't have any antiseptic cream to apply! I have nothing of these sorts for injuries. So I phoned my dad, and he asked me to go get some salt water to clean the wound. Okay, quickly, I went to the kitchen and got some salt. It was kinda painful, I would say.

I'm quite calm all the time. But I don't know why suddenly I was almost in tears when my mum talked to me. I would hate to get a scar on my face, obviously. I was so damn sad that I couldn't concentrate well during my Physiology class. T_T

Okay, fine. Dad asked me to go to the pharmacy to get 'Fucidic acid cream'. But to no avail, I can't get it without a GP's prescription!! I managed to make an appointment with my GP the next day. I had to skip class to go to the health centre which is damn far away from my residence hall. I walked for 25mins. Thank god I manage to find my way there! Phew. The doctor told me that it will heal but it might take some time. I felt a sense of relief!

Now, it's completely healed. Haha~~
XD

Since then, I think I have some sort of phobia towards the ball. Lolx..
But I've decided to go to the gym weekly because I definitely need to burn off some fats due to the consumption of calorie-laden food that the cafetaria serves.

2 comments:

Wei Jiet said...

Maybe you shouldn't try such a rough game. Ping pong or badminton perhaps? And boys playing with girls? That would be like char kuey teow plus mcdonalds!

Kheny said...

Lol. It is indeed a rough game. Haha...Char kuey teow!?